Synapse IT is able to offer QuickSupport to our clients. Our support software enables us to resolve your problems remotely in minutes. For QuickSupport, please call our office and click the help button when advised to do so by one of our consultants.
Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family from all over the world. While this may be the case, Facebook users have discovered a secret inbox accessible on the web or Facebook Messenger apps for smartphones and tablets.
The secret folder is part of Facebook’s filtering system, designed to catch spam and other unwanted messages.
Just last week users from all over the world have discovered their ‘filtered’ inbox is full of legitimate messages that never made it to their primary inbox.
One man in the UK even missed a message telling him to come and see his dying estranged dad in hospital – TWO YEARS after it was sent!
So, how can you access your filtered messages?
For the web version of Facebook:
- Click on the Messages button at the top of the page, and then click on Message Requests.
- Clicking on See filtered requests will reveal the hidden inbox and any messages that were sent to you but automatically filtered out of your main inbox by Facebook.
For iOS and Android
- Open your Messenger app and tab settings at the bottom
- Scroll down and tap on people
- Tap message requests>See filtered requests
- The process for getting here on Android will vary depending on the version of the OS you’re running, but just find People and go from there.
While it's likely most of your filtered messages are from spammers, strangers, or scammers, it is worth checking your filtered messages every once in a while- you never know what you may find.